Overall, I want everyone to be respectful and contribute positively to the website, if you don’t behave in a way that I consider to be up to standard, I can and will revoke your access to the Site. The rest of this page below is just legalese to cover my butt. So, sift through the legalese below, and if you have any questions about this policy, use the email provided in the last section of the page.
Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “We” “Us” and “Our” refers to https://abroadamerican.com, Abroad American, and Thomas Scriba, the owner and administrator. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of Our product/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access Our website you read these terms and conditions.
- When you visit Our website, We give you a limited license to access and use Our information for personal use.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of Our content in any other way infringes Our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under Copyright Law (in Germany, the Urheberrechtsgesetz, or UrhG, available here), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute, or display any of the information on this website without Our prior written permission.
- The license to access and use the information on Our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The license also does not permit you to metatag or mirror Our website without Our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if We become aware of your metatag or mirroring of Our website.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and We take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of privacy law compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on Our website to another website does not imply Our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide, unless otherwise stated.
- You may link Our website with Our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of Our website’s contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of Our pages, files, images, text, or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Our site, and in the material published on it. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to Us or We have a license to use those materials. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
All trade marks, brands, and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by Us or We have a license to use them. Your access to Our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without Our prior written permission.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from Our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to content posted on Our site. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on Our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on Our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from Us.
If you provide Us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality, and copyright.
- Whilst We have taken all due care in providing the information on Our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that Our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however We are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of Our website or any linked website.
- From time to time We may host third party content on Our website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other businesses / individuals. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
Limitation of Liability
- To the full extent permitted by law, Our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
- We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services We have supplied.
- We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
- We do not participate in any way in the transactions between Our users.
- By accessing Our website, you agree to indemnify and hold Us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of Our website.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Germany and the State of Bavaria and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in Bavaria and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to Us when accessing Our website. However, We do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to Us. Information you transmit to Us is entirely at your own risk although We undertake to take legal steps (such as compliance with the GDPR) and reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or about anything else on Our site, please feel free to contact Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.